Monday, August 3, 2009

Moving Woes

I hate moving. I have done entirely too much of it in the past year and a half. Despite the experience, moving never gets any easier.

After almost 10 months of living with Leah in Chapel Hill, we moved out at the end of June. Sabby helped us pack.


Getting everything out of the place took longer than I felt it should have, but at least I had some help.



After getting the truck loaded with all of Leah's stuff and most of mine (I would have to rent a small truck the next day to finish getting my things out), I made the trip to south Raleigh to unload my things at my storage unit. While I was doing this, Leah was getting her tattoo finished (a birthday present from me). She met Breezy and I at the Burger King next to my storage facility, where we planned on grabbing a quick dinner before making the trek to Wilmington to unload all of her stuff.

That would have been too easy.


I noticed that one of the back tires on the 17' U-Haul was completely missing a sidewall. Prepared to embark on a 120 mile drive to the beach, this was a bit alarming. We had to wait 2 hours for the AAA mechanic to get out there and replace the tire.

In the meantime, we had nothing to do but wait in Burger King. As it turns out, Burker King is not exactly the best place to hang out.

I was told I was lucky to have spotted the blown out tire. Apparently driving 75mph on it for 120 miles would not have been too safe.


I was pissed. And sweaty.


0 comments: